Today belonged to the USA with Tyler Farrar finally winning a TDF stage. He now is only 6 points out of the lead in the points classification, and will have to win one or two more sprints if he is to wear the green jersey in Paris.
I still think that will be a three way battle between Farrar, Cavendish and Greipel. I will still stick with Cavendish to win in the end.
Stage 4 will not be easy with a series of short climbs and a sprinters nightmare uphill sprint to the line.
I don't think the specialist will be there at the finish. This would be a great stage for a breakaway to succeed. It could also be a win for a much better looking Cadel Evans. Others that can surprise may be Tony Martin, Vinokourov or Danny Pate.
Top 10 Finishers Stage 3
1. Tyler Farrar, USA, (Garmin Cervelo) 4:40:21
2. Romain Feillu, FRA (Vacansoleil-DCM)
3. Jose Joaquin Rojas Gil, ESP, (Movistar)
4. Sebastien Hinault, FRA, (AG2R La Mondiale)
5. Mark Cavendish, GBR, HTC Highroad
6.Thor Hushovd, NOR, (Garmin Cervelo)
7. Julian Dean, NZL, (Garmin Cervelo)
8. Borut Bozic, SLO, (Vacansoleil-DCM)
9. Andre Greipel, GER, (Omega Pharma-Lotto)
10.Jimmy Engoulvent, FRA, (Saur-Sojason)